According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined over the last three decades. And although the majority of people diagnosed with melanoma are men older than 55 years old, it’s still important for women take care of their skin to both protect and beautify their bodies.
Here are three skin treatments perfect for preserving your smooth and glowing shell.
Avoid Tanning Beds and Wear Sunscreen
While everyone should stay away from tanning beds, anyone over the age of 50 shouldn’t think about lying in one. If you’re still visiting the tanning salon skin for the sake of a darker complexion, consider these statistics.
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer includes UV tanning devices in its Group 1 list of agents that cause cancer to humans.
- At least 419,000 cases of skin cancer each year are linked to indoor tanning.
- Using a tanning bed 10 or more times increases the chance of developing melanoma by 34 percent compared to someone who never used one.
Today’s research even states that more people develop skin cancer because of tanning than lung cancer because of smoking. And since the sun also causes about 90 percent of skin aging, it’s also important you use sunscreen as an additional layer of protection, whether you’re gardening in the yard or lying on the beach.
FACT: Using a sunscreen daily with an SPF of 15 or higher decreases skin aging.
Drink Water and Eat Right
You’ve likely read a lot about the foods that help you avoid chronic health conditions like heart disease, but there are plenty that are also great for protecting and preserving your skin. In fact, what you eat can impact your hormone balance, cause acne and affect inflammation, which is associated with skin aging.
In addition to drinking 2.2 liters of water daily, include these foods into your diet:
- Olive oil: more than 8.4 grams or two teaspoons per day
- Tomatoes: the equivalent of 5 tablespoons of tomato paste daily
- Dark chocolate: 1-ounce portion limited to 150 calories or less
- Sardines:5-ounce serving contains 1.5 grams of omega-3 fatty acids
- Walnuts: the only nut* that contains large amount of omega-3 fatty acids
*Walnuts are the best alternative to fish if you’re a vegetarian.
Use a Line of Healthy and Healing Skin Products
You likely feel you’re bombarded with skincare products every time you turn on the TV or walk through your local mall. But unfortunately, most of those products that come with promises are as bad for your body as they are for the environment.
At Quorum Innovations, we’ve developed BioEsse Probiotics, the world’s first skin care system that uses a probiotic extract from the human microbiome to revitalize, refresh and rejuvenate your complexion. When you apply one of these BioEsse Probiotics products, it’ll promote healthy bacteria for healthier skin.
- BioEsse Skin Care System
- BioEsse Facial Cleanser
- BioEsse Facial Serum
- BioEsse Facial Lotion
- BioEsse Eye Cream
Studies show a skincare routine that includes BioEsse Probiotics can decrease the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging in as little as four weeks. The products have also proven themselves effective for skin radiance and glow. Learn more about our probiotic anti-aging skin care system here.